Tuesday, 27 November 2007

Experimentation

Playing with bit's n' peices.

A wee bit of voyerism, not that you can actually see anything -

ISO6 film - f5.6 @ 1/30th - about 125mm I had to meter at 25ISO and then close down 2 stops - it would be nice to get a camera with a wider range of shutter speeds - the Zenit is reliable and does take a good shot, but the range of 1/30th to 1/500th is kinda limiting.

I'm going to try that film at 3 stops under 25ISO - see what it does at ISO3 - it seems consistently under-exposed at ISO6


















Homage to weston - I was trying flash photography with 25 ISO film - about F5.6 at 3 feet at x-sync (1/30th) - under room lights.


















I do quite like the colorize function in gimp, a wee bit of playing gave me this. (colorize is also handy for digital toning)






















And another fiddle, this time I was making an animal - behold the capsicumspider.
(actually looks kinda nasty)






















I spent a while trying to make pictures using my flatbed scanner, I was certain that it could be used as an imaging back, however until the other day this was the best I got out of it.























Well, I got bored the other day and I tried with a reversed 58mm lens - it seems to make a picture - kewl.






















And another try, using vuescan (unregistered :D ) This actually seems to have some promise, especially now that my canoscan scanner is now spare since I brought an Epson that had a scanning hood. A 120MP scanning back would be a rather fun toy methinks.






















I'll have some scanned films in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home